The Chief Health Officer has written to all school principals across Queensland to urge you (including all children aged 12 years and older) to take the opportunity over the upcoming school holidays to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
Children aged 12 years and older can receive a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at a Queensland Health vaccination location or at a participating General Practice (GP).
I encourage you to please make this a priority for your family these school holidays by taking the below actions.
How to book
- Register your interest to receive your COVID-19 vaccine at a Queensland Health vaccination location.
Access the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker to book a vaccination at a participating GP or community pharmacy.
- Older children can register themselves separately if they have their own email address or
- A parent or guardian can register and set up their children as dependents. All correspondence will be managed through the parent/guardian's email address. Read more about creating a dependent in the vaccine booking system.
If you need assistance with vaccination bookings, call 134 COVID (13 42 68).
Walk in opportunities
Walk in appointments are currently available at selected Queensland Health vaccination locations. To find your closest walk in vaccination location, please visit www.health.qld.gov.au/vaccinelocations.
For young people, consent from a parent/guardian is usually required. In Queensland:
- individuals aged 12 to 15 years may require a parent/guardian to provide consent,
- individuals aged 16 years and older are generally deemed to have capacity to consent for vaccination.
Find out more about age of consent for vaccinations online.
If you need an interpreter to book your vaccination appointment, call 13 42 68 and ask to be connected to an interpreter. If an interpreter is needed to phone this service, first call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 and they can connect you.
If an interpreter is needed at the vaccine appointment, advise a staff member when you arrive at the vaccination location so they can arrange this for you. This is a free service.
Thank you for your cooperation to keep Queensland and our school community safe.